This is about my recent excursion to a new Restaurant in the House of Queens’ neighborhood. I’m talking about Brasserie Boheme – a restaurant by the people who brought us the Gustavian in Cebu.
So why do I have such a title? Two things which actually feeds my vanity more than anything else. They have a dish with the same name as me – Steak Charlemagne. I know it was not named after me and it’s named after the great emperor who is also my namesake. Added to that – the waiter is Lord – which is my nickname. So you can actually say that I did feel that it was as if the restaurant was calling to me by Name.
What you want to know is if the food is any good. This is what I will say – for 390 pesos – the food is good enough.
Here is my review of the dishes we ordered:
1. Prawn Chowder – too salty.
2. Beef Steak ala Greta Garbo – good. You would not want to leave this dish alone.
3. Creme Brulee – it tasted like Creme Brulee but it had the consistency of cheesecake.
4. House Salad – Refreshing.
5. Amparito Sole – A must try. I think it’s actually better than the Beef Steak.
6. Strawberries and Cream – Like the House Salad. Refreshing – but then again – I don’t think anybody can get this wrong.
I did try their house red wine. It did go well with the Beef Steak. For 150 pesos – that ain’t bad at all.
So I’m actually giving the experience a mixed review. We tried their winter menu – and I’m just going to assume that they will change their menu come spring. I will try it again next season. The question of course is – will the next season’s menu hit a home run or will it strike out?
Blogger’s note: You can find Brasserie Boheme in the new serviced apartment Picasa. The hotel is along Leviste st. in Salcedo Village which is a stone's throw away from where the weekend market is.