Tonight we are checked in at one of the Suites of Manila Hotel. The House of Queens have always intended to check into this historical hotel which is now 98th years old. It will celebrate its 100th anniversary in 2012. This stay is part of Carlos Celdran’s latest venture and partnership with the Hotel. Book the My Manila Weekend experience and it includes the following:
- An overnight stay in Manila Hotel,
- If These Walls Could Talk ( the tour of Intramuros facilitated by Carlos Celdran
- Living La Vida Imelda ( the tour of the CCP Complex facilitated by Carlos Celdran )
- dinner at the Champagne room,
- drinks at the Tap Bar,
- Halo Halo at the Manila Hotel Lobby.
For two people, we paid 13,000++ pesos. I must admit that it’s a bit of an investment – but if you are looking for an activity away from your home – but would not want to travel far – this is highly recommended. You know my mantra: Cost and Worth are two very different things. This experience may cost much but it’s definitely worth it. If you are a Filipino who would like to experience the city of Manila and would like to see the city in a new light – this is what you need to do.
We will write a more comprehensive and in depth blog entry in subsequent blogs. For now, I’m getting ready to turn in so we can be rejuvenated for tomorrow’s activities.