Blogger’s Note: A guest post of Midori the Beagle
I am ecstatic. I am joyful. I’m excited to share the changes that were implemented by Facebook for Fan Pages like mine. Let me share with you what they are – and if you have a Facebook Fan Page like me – I bet you can appreciate my over reaction.
These are the new features
1. My Fan Page – now has an easy to remember URL. It’s www.facebook.com/MidoriBeagle.
2. I can now easily see new Likes and new comments on my posts. The only thing missing is an ability to send messages as MidoriBeagle. I hope that can be added in future releases.
3. Now my Fan Page displays the latest photos I posted. This is similar to regular Facebook profile pages.
4. The Administrator of my page ( my Daddy ) can switch to using Facebook as himself or as me. This is a big one. This actually means that I can visit other pages – and write posts on their wall as Midori. Or I can actually make comments on status updates of my “Fans” as Midori. I wasn’t able to do that before. It’s just a better way of interacting with people and dogs who “Liked” my page.
5. The navigation page is now found on the left hand side of my profile page. Similar to a regular Facebook Profile page.
6. I am also now able to “Like” other pages. This makes it so much easier to tell people who follow my profile of things that I Like. In this example – I really like “Plants vs. Zombies”.
Do you have a Facebook Fan page? If you do – how do you find this update?